Table of Contents
Are you bored of people stalking you on Facebook Profile and want to entirely delete your profile? Then you’re at the right place. We are all aware that social media has become an essential aspect of our lives. This, however, means that it becomes a platform for stalkers. We’ve all been in situations where stalkers continue to search your page or unwanted people download your profile images to build phoney accounts. The remedy is to disable your Facebook profile.
Locking your Facebook profile is a difficult undertaking; I recognise it involves a few tricks here and there. However, I’ll try to be as calm as possible to help you understand Facebook security problems and how to lock your Facebook profile from stalkers.
Why Should I Lock My Facebook Account?
We’re all aware that social media platforms such as Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram take up the majority of our time. Facebook is the oldest and has always been everyone’s favourite.
According to Statista, Facebook has 2.83 billion monthly active users globally. That represents an important portion of the population. Though it appears to be an virtual world, it empowers individuals and allows them to interact with the globe and experience a new virtual world. However, the worst aspect of Facebook is its high level of privacy concerns. Because everyone shares their data on Facebook, the possibility of information being misused increases.
Solving Privacy Concerns
Facebook has created a new feature that prevents users’ personal information from being shared with unknown individuals. It is the recently implemented Facebook Profile Lock features. This prevents someone else’s ability to acquire personal information, posts, or any other data about a specific individual from your Facebook account.
Facebook just implemented the ‘Profile Picture Guard’ to protect users’ profile images. However, in light of the additional privacy concerns, Facebook has recently introduced the Profile lock function.
What exactly is Facebook Profile Lock?
Facebook has made some privacy settings available. Users may now lock their profile images and posts using Facebook’s latest profile lock feature. Those who are not on your friend list will be unable to see, share, or download your profile images and posts. It also prevents third parties from seeing your timeline postings. If you previously shared a public post on your timeline, it will now be viewable solely to your friend list.
What would your profile look like?
- When you lock your profile, others will see a lock icon indicating that your profile is now locked.
- Person will not be able to see, share, or download your profile pictures.
- Nobody, not even them, will be able to see your profile image.
- They will be unable to view any of your posts.
- This implies that they won’t be able to view the most recent or oldest updates on your timeline.
- They will be unable to view any of your profile images or albums.
- Only a subset of your information will be exposed to them.
If they wish to see your profile and get to know you better, they may send you a friend request.
What Happens When You Lock Your Profile?
- Locking your Facebook profile has no effect on your friend request settings.
Anyone may send you a friend request, and you can also send a friend request to anyone.
- The message settings are likewise unchanged. You may send messages to and receive messages from anyone. You may, however, prevent persons who are not on your friend list from sending you messages.
- If you have closed your profile, information such as your hometown, present city, education data, and so on will be available to unknown persons.
- Your profile photographs, cover photos, and about information are likewise restricted to unknown people who are not on your friend’s list.
- Those who are not on your friend list cannot see or zoom in on your profile image. Only your friends could see it, zoom in on it, or share it. If anybody other than your friends tries to zoom into or see your profile photo in full screen mode, it will display that your profile is locked.
- If you are concerned about unknown friend requests, you can block them permanently.
- Any public postings you’ve previously posted on your Facebook page will now be converted to “Friends,” allowing only your friends to see them.
- When you lock your profile, the tag review and profile review features become active. This means that everytime you are tagged in a post, you will be prompted to approve or reject the tag. You will also need to approve the post once you have approved the tag for it to display on your profile.
Why Is the Facebook Profile Lock Feature Required?
According to Facebook, hackers from Bangladesh and Vietnam compromised Facebook’s whole privacy system in December 2020. Furthermore, they have taken Facebook user data. This Facebook profile lock function will make it impossible for such groups to exploit the Facebook network and get data from people’s accounts all around the world.
To help the Facebook privacy system, people should avoid clicking on suspicious links and accepting friend requests from unknown sources. To address privacy concerns, Facebook also developed a Vanish mode. When you activate this model, it deletes all conversations and media files after a specific length of time. It also has another critical safety feature. If someone takes a snapshot of your profile, Facebook will alert you right away. Here are the procedures to enable disappear mode.
- Get the most recent version of Facebook from the Play Store or App Store.
- Open the right conversation.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the chat.
- This will start the Vanish mode. The background colour of the conversation goes to black, indicating that the mode is now active.
How to Lock Your Facebook Account on Android:
Follow these actions to secure your Facebook profile.
Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your Android smartphone.
Step 2: On the main page, tap your profile photo.
Step 3: Select the three-dot menu.
Step 4: From the page’s settings, select the Lock Profile option.
Step 5: On the Lock Profile Page, select the “Lock Your Profile” option at the bottom of the page.
Step 6: When you’re finished, a pop-up notification will display on the screen that says, “You locked your profile.” The pictures and updates on your timeline are only viewable by your friends.”
Step 7: Click Ok to finish the procedure.
iPhone users must do the following actions:
- Navigate to Facebook and then tap on your name in the three-line menu at the bottom right.
- Make three dots on your name.
- Use the Lock Profile button to protect your profile.
- Tap Lock Your Profile a second time to be certain.
Your profile will be locked, and you can confirm by exiting the page. Then, log back into your profile. You will receive notice that your profile has been locked.
If the profile lock is not available on your Facebook page, manually change the Facebook privacy settings to enable lock profile mode. You can invite friends to lock their profiles if you want them to use this approach. It should be noted that this functionality is not currently available everywhere. At the moment, you can only lock your profile in a few countries.
How to Lock a Facebook Profile on a Desktop
Don’t worry if you typically use your Facebook account on your desktop; we’ll go through how to lock your Facebook profile there as well. Here’s how to accomplish it in simple steps:
Step 1: Launch Google Chrome, Firefox, or any other browser on your desktop.
Step 2: Sign in using your Facebook ID and password.
Step 3: Once that is completed, you will be sent to the Facebook Home Page. Go to your profile page by clicking on your photo in the upper right corner of your screen.
Step 4: Look for three dots directly under the Edit Profile button. Simply click on them.
Step 5: As soon as you do this, you will be presented with a slew of alternatives. Click on the last option, Lock Profile.
Step 6: A popup window will appear. Click the Lock Your Profile button here. That’s all!
You have now successfully and simply locked your Facebook profile on your desktop computer.
Take the following actions. If your country does not have the Lock Profile Feature:
If this function is not currently accessible where you reside, you may still obtain some privacy by doing the following steps:
Step 1: Navigate to Settings & Privacy – Settings – Posts – Limit Past Posts to Friends Only. You may also limit future posts to friends only under the posts settings.
Step 2: The similar restriction may be applied to stories from story settings.
Step 3: From the settings, manually enable Profile Review and Tag Review.
Step 4: Change the visibility of your friends list from public to friends or only me.
Facebook is an amazing social media platform for worldwide communication. However, as the world becomes increasingly worried about data privacy, it is necessary to permanently safeguard your Facebook accounts. Locking your profile protects your data from hackers and stalkers.
After locking, you must re-enter your password on all devices. When you lock your Facebook profile, Facebook will add an indicator on your profile.
However, keep in mind that once you activate this function, you will no longer be able to publish to the public. Friends can only see and share the posts. Stay safe!
Do you want to stay updated with the latest trends and information? Trendy Texts can be your one-stop destination for recent news and blogs on emerging topic.