Table of Contents
As much as the world enjoys the Android vs. iOS battles, switching from one to the other is always a disaster. When changing phones, make sure your contacts, images, and other items are transferred from the previous handset to the new one. It is also critical to verify that your Whatsapp android to iPhone messages are properly transmitted. In this post, we’ll show you how to move WhatsApp Chats from Android to iOS.
Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not provide an official means for simply transferring data from one device to another unless all devices use the same platform. However, the most popular instant messaging apps, such as WhatsApp, do not support data migration, including conversations and media, when switching from Android to iOS and vice versa.
Because of how backup works on iOS and Android, WhatsApp is unable to migrate chat data between operating systems. WhatsApp on Android uses Google Drive to back up its data, but WhatsApp on iOS uses iCloud. This makes syncing WhatsApp data between Android and iOS difficult. Telegram, on the other hand, backs up data in the cloud, allowing for multi-device login and synchronisation between operating systems.
Although the WhatsApp Android to iPhone process seems simple, you may need to follow this guide to successfully transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS. You may even have to pay to get this done because neither WhatsApp, Android, or iOS allow you to do it natively.
Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iOS
Here’s how to transfer your WhatsApp chats from Android to iOS. There are several techniques available here, and whichever one you choose, be sure to properly follow the tutorial to correctly transfer your WhatsApp messages.
Method 1: Using AnyTrans, Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone.
AnyTrans is a transfer and backup programmes that allows you to rapidly transport WhatsApp messages from an Android device to an iPhone. You can relocate your messages by following the steps listed below.
Step 1: Install AnyTrans on your computer, then connect your Android and iPhone to the computer using USB cables; select the “Social Messages Manager” mode.
Step 2: Select “WhatsApp to device” and then select “Transfer now” to proceed.
Step 3: Choose your Android as the source phone and your iPhone as the destination phone, then click the next button to transfer WhatsApp messages from your old Android phone to your new iPhone.
Step 4: To proceed, follow the popup instructions given on the AnyTrans tool. Simply click Next on the page that shows Step 1 to Step 4. Follow all of the instructions on the screen. All of these techniques mostly involve creating a backup of your WhatsApp messages and then installing a customised version of WhatsApp to extract the backup and move it to your iPhone.
Step 5: Log in to WhatsApp on your Android phone if you haven’t already, then tap the Restore button and then Next in AnyTrans.
Step 6: AnyTrans will now begin transferring your WhatsApp data to your iPhone.
When the process completes, all of your conversations will be transferred from the Android phone to your iPhone.
Method 2: Using PhoneTrans, Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone.
PhoneTrans is another option that you might consider. It allows the transfer of WhatsApp messages and attachments from Android to iPhone. The app also allows you to rapidly move WhatsApp from one iPhone to another. Other social networking applications, such as Line and Viber, can also benefit from this.
As previously stated, Android uses Google Drive to backup WhatsApp messages, and iPhone uses iCloud to store WhatsApp messages; hence, it can only retrieve iCloud chat backups. But you can do it without any difficulty.
- Download and install PhoneTrans on your computer, then connect your Android and iPhone to it.
- Now, from the left menu, pick “App Transfer” and then Whatsapp.
- Now, click “Start Transfer.”
- No, on the new screen, check the Source and Target smartphone; the first should be your Android smartphone, and the second should be your iPhone to transfer WhatsApp Android to iPhone. After that, click Transfer. Then, on the following screen, click “Transfer Now.”
- Now, complete all of the processes on the screen, including backing up your WhatsApp chats on your Android device, and then allowing phonetrans to allow and install an improved version of Whatsapp on your smartphone. Finally, press the Restore button and wait.
- When the process ends, the app will transfer all of your WhatsApp conversations from Android to iPhone.
Method 3: Using the Official WhatsApp Android to iPhone Feature to Migrate Chats
WhatsApp is working on an official transfer WhatsApp android to iPhone functionality that will allow you to transfer all of your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android and vice versa. This new feature has been requested by the community for years and is now being developed. Given how costly iPhones are these days, this new migration capability will be especially useful for iPhone customers wishing to convert to an Android phone.
iPhone users using iOS 2.20 1.16 3.16 may check for updates by going to the settings menu and then talking on WhatsApp to see whether the functionality is available. You may view more chats to the android option if you have the Transfer WhatsApp android to iPhone function enabled. WhatsApp first revealed the feature during the Samsung Unpacked Event on August 11, 2021, and it would be available to iPhone customers moving their chats to Samsung phones.
We hope that before the end of the year, this capability will be available on all handsets, and it will be a game changer for users searching for official methods to move their WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
Method 4: Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android to iOS with Wondershare – Dr.Fone
Dr.Fone by Wondershare is one of the most trustworthy tools for transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS. It helps many users in easily transferring their chats. Dr.Fone transfers your WhatsApp data by installing the Wondershare Dr.Fone programme on your PC.
The procedure is divided into two parts: backing up the data on your PC with Dr.Fone and then restoring it to your iOS device.
Part 1: Move WhatsApp Messages from Android to PC -WhatsApp Android to iPhone
- For WhatsApp Android to iPhone, Connect your Android phone from which you desire to transfer your WhatsApp data to your PC. Select “Backup Whatsapp messages” to begin the backup procedure.
- After your PC recognises your Android phone, the procedure begins, and you must follow all of the steps displayed.
- You will be asked to adjust the WhatsApp backup settings in your settings. Click to Settings > Chats > Chat backup. Select ‘Never’ for backup to Google Drive. Then, choose BACKUP. Now, on Dr. Fone, press the ‘Next’ button.
- Another popup appears on your Android mobile devices now. If you don’t see the install prompt, click’show again’ on the Dr Fone app.
- Now, as indicated below, check and restore your WhatsApp messages on Android once more.
- The programme will then complete the backup process, and you may verify your backup by choosing “View.”
Part 2: WhatsApp Android to iPhone – Restore Android WhatsApp Backup to iOS Devices
- Connect your new iOS device to which you want to transfer your WhatsApp chats first. Now, choose “Restore to device” to begin the restoration procedure. Next, choose the most recent WhatsApp backup file from the backup list, then click “Next.”
- Click “Restore” in the new window, and the application will begin restoring all of your backup data.
- Wait until the entire procedure is completed. The WhatsApp data is successfully transferred to your iOS device once the progress bar reaches 100%.
Dr.Fone Pricing: Dr.Fone is one of the oldest solutions for Transfer WhatsApp Data between Android and iOS. WhatsApp does not even support data transmission on iOS or Android. However, this service is not free. You must purchase the “Restore Social App (iOS & Android)” subscription, which includes a one-year licence for up to five devices. And this can cost up to $30 (about Rs. 2,200).
Method 5: Use email chat to Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone.
As previously stated, WhatsApp does not officially support transferring messages from Android to iOS or vice versa.
However, this does not rule out the possibility of a workaround. There are methods inside the WhatsApp app for transferring communications between Android and iOS devices.
However, they are nothing near the programme we stated before, which is the simplest approach to Transfer WhatsApp Data.
If you do not wish to install the application, we may also inform you about this new way.
You must follow the steps mentioned below to use this method:
- First and foremost, open the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
- Now, go to WhatsApp’s Settings tabs and choose “Chats.”
- Inside Chats, you will find a “Chat History” option, which you must choose.
- Click the “Export chat” button to send the messages through email.
- Because this approach does not enable you to email every chat on your WhatsApp account, you must pick a specific chat.
- After that, you have the choice of sending the conversation backup email to someone else by entering their email address or leaving this field empty.
- You can leave the field empty if you wish to maintain the chat backup for your message. It will be saved as a draft in the Gmail app for future use.
- While you may view the messages in this chat backup, you will not be able to restore them on your iOS device using the WhatsApp messager apps.
Method 6: Using MobileTrans, Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone.
We discussed how you may use Wondershare Dr.Fone’s specialist programme to transfer WhatsApp messages from an Android handset to an iOS device.
We have another tried and verified way for transferring WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS. MobileTrans is another Wondershare product designed exclusively for transferring WhatsApp data.
- To begin, download and install the MobileTrans – WhatsApp Transfer programme from here on your PC.
- Select “WhatsApp Transfer” in the MobileTrans app on your PC. Connect your Android and iOS devices to your PC now.
- Select “Transfer WhatsApp Messages” from the options after clicking on WhatsApp in the side menu.
- The software will instantly recognise both your linked Android and iOS devices. You can specify which device will be the source and which will be the destination. Then, click the “flip” button to switch these positions.
- Make sure iOS is selected as the destination device, then click “start”. If you already have WhatsApp installed on your iOS device, its data will be erased.
- It will shortly complete the Transfer WhatsApp Data. It will inform you to remove your gadgets safely. When you activate WhatsApp on your iPhone, all of your chats will be available.
These are the known working methods of Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone with ease and simplicity. Despite the fact that the other two techniques have been discussed, Dr. Fone’s WhatsApp transfer remains the most convenient. The reason for this is that WhatsApp chat email function is ideal for one or two talks. However, it is not feasible for numerous conversations.
Do you want to stay updated with the latest trends and information? Trendy Texts can be your one-stop destination for recent news and blogs on emerging topic.